DOMINICAN CONVENT HIGH SCHOOL – BULAWAYO
The clients identified are:
• The Child
• The Parents
• The Teaching Staff
Our aims are:
• To provide a sound holistic education which will develop all facets of the child.
• To ensure that the parents are aware of what is on offer at the school, what is required of them and to provide avenues of communication between them, the teachers and the Head.
• To ensure a happy and hardworking team of teachers.
• To develop syllabi and schemes around the set subject areas that provide varied and interesting way of presenting the subject matter.
• To offer a variety of Sports and Cultural activities.
• To instill a moral awareness in the children.
• To encourage open discussions between teachers and children so that moral and personal issues can be aired.
• To hold yearly meetings between the staff and parents so that the latter can learn what the children will be doing for the year and what is expected of them.
• To provide channels of communication for the parents to see the teachers and the head in order to discuss any challenges.
• To ensure that all the staff understand the standards expected of them, educationally, morally and socially by providing a Staff handbook.
• To have an understanding that the Head may be approached by the Staff at any time with challenges pertaining to the pupils or the School.
• That all members of staff will deal with the public in a courteous and civil manner and the pupils will be treated fairly and justly.